Through a partnership with colleges such as Ivy Tech Community College, Indiana University, and Ball State University, Elkhart High School students can take college-credit courses taught by college-approved, high school teachers during the regular school day on the high school campus.
There is no cost to students to participate in Ivy Tech Courses and a $25/credit hour fee for Indiana University and Ball State University courses. Students who successfully complete dual credit courses earn high school credit and transcripted college credit from the partnering college.
Benefits of Dual Credit:
- Classes are offered on high school campus
- High school teachers must meet the rigorous qualifications determined by the partnering college
- College credits are guaranteed to transfer to any Indiana public college or university
- Students must meet eligibility guidelines for enrolling in dual credit courses. Check with a counselor to see if you qualify.
- Students earn a grade that will be a part of their permanent record.